Sunday, September 21, 2014

Thok-tacular Adventure!

When I first did 'The Underhold' wing of the WoW Raid 'Siege of Orgrimmar', when it first opened on October 1st last year, I honestly didn't expect the last boss in there, Thok, to be a huge devilsaur.



I never read the Dungeon Journal entry on any of the bosses back then, seeing as I wanted to keep the entire story of Garrosh Hellscream - and how his reign ended - a secret. Since I was able to finish each raid wing as it got released every few weeks, reading up on the mechanics wasn't necessarily a prerequisite, which was absolutely fine with me, since I liked playing the raid out and seeing what happened next... again, I wanted it to be a secret.

Anyway, I digress. This isn't about my adventures in the Siege... ok, maybe it's one of them. This is about Thok after all, the huge Devilsaur that is ALWAYS hungry, like me! Though my appetite varies from Thok's :)

It's now been roughly a year later since I first encountered Thok, awed at how big and tall he was, with enough chomping power* to eat an entire raid and not be satisfied! (Bottomless pit much! ^_^) That 'thrill' has long since faded. I know the fight pretty well now, and ever since I first went up against him, there was only one bit of loot I really wanted off him: 'Thok's Tail Tip' - aka, a Trinket that, according to my knowledge anyway, was the Best In Slot trinket for a DPS character, or well, a Warrior such as me.



Like I said, it's been a year now, and after killing him FOURTY-FOUR times across several game difficulties, and many bonus roll 'coins' (you can use them to roll again on whatever he drops for your particular class and specialization) - 35+ coins! - I have now, after a somewhat fair and honorable fight (was a great last fight!), wished Thok a proper farewell, and bid him good luck on getting out of his prison and stomping Garrosh like the punk he is! XD

So Thok, my friend and enemy, thank you for getting my hopes up, for getting me frustrated, for keeping me patient, and always coming back to you every week to try my luck out again in getting that Trinket you just don't want to give me :) And even though you're a right pain in the butt, thank you for being a challenging virtual boss in the game that I love, and I usually hate video game bosses!

Seeya around Thok! ^_^


* Gear and Raid difficulty may apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment