Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Move over WoW... Animal Crossing: New Leaf is here! ^_^

I'm really bored of playing WoW at the moment. I've been playing a lot of other games like Diablo 3 - first Diablo game I've ever played - and got through the main campaign of that which was a LOT of fun - I could of upped the difficulty a bit though cause hacking and slashing with the Barbarian was a bit too easy :P

Anyway, other than D3, and a lot of Steam games I've playing (still can't master Don't Starve), I bought myself a Nintendo 3DS XL last year in November WOOT! :D This is the first ever handheld gaming console I've ever owned in my whole life... never had a PS / Xbox, etc, since I've been a hardcore PC gamer for the last 25+ years. Sure, I've played console / handheld games (my first game being Pokemon Blue, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 3DS REMAKE VERSION IN FEB!), but never bought any console to call my own :)

So what game did I get with my new 3DS I hear you ask? Well, the main reason I bought a 3DS in the first place was a lot of my friends recommended the game Animal Crossing: New Leaf. And long story short, I've been addicted to this game from Day 1, and been playing more and more as the weeks go by, as the Town you build in this game gets bigger and bigger.

For those of you that don't know what Animal Crossing: New Leaf is (I haven't played the previous AC games in the series), basically you arrive at this town (you can name it too!), and become the new mayor (that is if you choose the first Save File on your 3DS).

You then choose a spot in the town to put down your tent (which is where you live, and upgrades to a house later on, with multiple rooms as more upgrades), and as mayor, you're encouraged to make Public Work Projects (PWP), plant flowers and trees, and get to know the different villagers that move into your town (you can have a maximum of 10).

Each of the villagers have their own distinct personalities, and it's been great getting to know them all! I never let them leave my town (and they can), since I adore them so much - though there's one, Charlise, who looks like a green teddy bear, who I can't wait for to leave. Her personality clashes with my own real life one :S

Anyway, I'll post more of what's happening in my own town in AC:NL in later posts... thanks for reading everyone! ^_^

2 comments: