Saturday, July 6, 2013

Guild Nights and our CRAZY antics! :)

'Guild Night's' in World of Warcraft. Combining awesome friends with awesome (and most of the time insane) gameplay ^_^

When I first became a member of the Supershigi Forums - home to the talented composer Laura Shigihara, - I met a LOT of great people on there who had a love for playing WoW. Though I wasn't even a fan of the game back then, I finally decided to give World of Warcraft a shot after I saw one of Laura's music videos, 'Blood Elf Druids', in which she dressed up as a Blood Elf (one of the many races you can choose in WoW), and sang about wanting to combine Blood Elves with Druids, who in-game, Druids can shapeshift their form into any they choose, like for example a bird.

The music video, coupled together with various locations of gameplay, great singing, and of course, awesome goofiness in the way Laura dressed up as a Blood Elf XD, really got me interested in the story and just trying out World of Warcraft to see if it was any good.



I won't lie... part of me wishes I had never played WoW just 'cause I'm addicted (like many others) to the game haha! :) But I'm REALLY glad I did, since I got to meet and bond with a lot of people that I have talked to on the forums, and I've loved every second of it ^_^

So... this brings me back to Guild Night. The guild I'm a part of is a band of fellow WoW players on the forum who get up to crazy acts of insane feats, such as using a Mammoth mount (can seat 3 people), and jumping off the highest point of one of the in-game cities, using 'Slow Fall', an ability cast by the Mage class, to slow us to the point of catapulting our mounts from the highest point and seeing how far our Mammoth, or in some cases Mammoth's, will go ^_^

Last night's Guild Night however, we decided to do something equally as nuts - fighting a hard Boss for a cute little pet he drops when defeated...... but on the water :D

There are several items or mounts in WoW that will let you walk or fight on the water, such as the 'Azure Water Strider', or 'Anglers Fishing Raft' - the latter of which I think is hilarious even if you're not battling an enemy :)

The Boss in question was named G'nathus, a giant floating, ugly purple worm thing, who can one-shot you (meaning instant death), the only way to avoid this was to 'kite' the boss, meaning we had to quickly damage G'nathus and pull ourselves away before he focuses his attention on us, then rinse and repeat.

It was definitely a sight to behold, something which the picture below doesn't do justice for. This floating monstrosity of a monster, with this small bunch of people below him, on Water Striders and Rafts, strafing and attacking him, while the big dude tried in vain to swat the little insects that we obviously were :P

Here's the picture of us attacking G'nathus, though it was a hard screenshot to get in the heat of battle, since he kept turning around and attacking all of us in turn. Oh, and his kid says hi too ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment