Sunday, February 7, 2016

It's Festivale time in my town! ^_^

A new Event happened in my town today - FESTIVALE! ^_^


Festivale falls on the same day as the real-life Event of Mardi Gras, which is celebrated around the world :) I must admit I don't know much about Mardi Gras, though I do know people love to sing and dance, and Festivale in Animal Crossing: New Leaf is no different! :)

Upon logging into the game today, (with my villagers wearing their awesome Samba outfits on the Main Menu hehe), I was told by Isabelle that the Festivale Event was on - both logging in and via the Town Hall - and exited my house to reveal confetti raining down from the sky!


Of course, every Event in NL starts off at the Plaza, so I ran over there with excitement, to find a really colourful banner and a strange, dancing peacock character called Pave.


After berating me for not getting in the spirit of Festivale and dancing my heart out - I headed back to my house and put on my own Samba outfit (SO happy I got all the pieces!), and while you don't have to wear the Samba outfit to participate in Festivale - like the Santa Suit for Toy Day - it's awesome fun to just get into the lore and dance-off with all the other villagers in your town, who coincidentally wear their own cute little Samba outfits <3


Talking to Pave, he sets me off on a mission to get 3 Green feathers for him (I honestly thought Pave was a female XD). Collecting the feathers for Pave (upon which you get a special item), works pretty much like the snowflakes you get for Snowmam (one of the 4 varieties of Snowmen you can build between December to February), and like the snowflakes, you need a Net to collect the different coloured feathers - Red, Pink, Blue, White, Purple and Green - I might of missed a colour or two, but that's all the feathers I saw while I was hunting for them :)

I've also heard from guides online you can find a Rainbow Feather, which guarantees you a special item right off the bat, regardless of what colour or number of feathers that you currently have in your inventory, which is totally awesome! EDIT: I found a few Rainbow Feathers! And I've kept one to put in my house ^_^

Of course, collecting 3 of the same colour feather is easier said than done. For one, finding a feather can be tricky because you have the awesomely beautiful confetti raining down from the sky, and it's all different colours like the feathers that you need to collect.

Another thing is because there are so many different feather colours, you might not find the one you're actually after. Cue your trusty townsfolk, who seem to of secretly stashed a bunch of feathers who knows where to trade for your own feathers you've collected, and you'll need their help if you're to get 3 feathers to give to Pave :D

While some of my villagers I talked to for feathers were happy with just a simple trade, others would play games with me. The first villager I talked to - Charlise - wanted to play Charades with me, and actually relied more on their 'emotes', so that was a lot of fun to try and guess what she was thinking :)

After talking to Greta, another one of my town citizens who played a game of Charades with me (I won that one too), I spoke with Charlise again and she played Rock-Paper-Scissors with me, giving me the option of which one - Rock, Paper or Scissors - I could choose to defeat her :D

Of course, I always go with Rock, and she ended up going with Scissors. Rock beats Scissors... I win, so I got her feather ^_^ Of course, if Charlise had won, she would of gotten my feather... obviously hehe.

I had conveniently gotten my 1st Green Feather from one that was floating around my village thanks to my Net, and the last 2 Feathers from the 2 games that I had won from Charlise and Greta, so now that I had 3 Green Feathers, I headed back to Pave!

Well, all I can say is... Pave LOVES his feathers! <3 He even did a little dance for me haha! After his dance, he gave me a special item from the 'Pave Series', in which there are 13 different items that you can collect.

Talking to Pave again, he sent me on another quest to get 3 Pink Feathers... I love collecting items in this game, so I'm not going to stop until I've got the entire 'Pave Series' set WOOHOO! (EDIT: I'm short one of the Pave Series items, since it's taken me ages to 'farm' these as it's not guaranteed that Pave will give you a new item the 2nd time round :S)

Here's some other random Festival screenshots - and I gotta say... man, I LOVE that confetti, it's so pretty! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment