Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You Are Not Prepared!!!!

"Another World of Warcraft blog post? Really? Come on dude, move on to another topic already!"

Is that what you're asking? Well, I can tell you, this WoW blog post is something special! ^_^

Ok, probably not to those non-WoW'ers out there, but since this is my personal blog, I'm allowed to rant on about it. I'm also allowed to rant too :P

So WoW has these things called Raids. And if you're like me, and you've played a wide variety of different games and genres of games, then WoW Raids would typically be like a huge level, with heaps of lesser monsters (let's call them mobs), with mini-bosses between each layer of mobs, culminating in an all-powerful boss at the end.

And so we get to the end boss of the Black Temple Raid. Ah, Black Temple. My favourite Raid in WoW. Why is it my favourite raid? Two words.

Illidan. Stormrage.

The World of Warcraft universe has an extremely intricate, detailed story around the game world itself, and it's many character's, locations, etc.

Illidan Stormrage's story is way too complex to list here (not to mention I don't want to scare off or bore people actually reading this post), but essentially in the WoW lore Illidan was a Night Elf that turned bad (or at least he was in the eyes of his people when Illidan himself was actually saving them from certain doom).

Forced into exile, he sought greater power to defeat the beings that threatened to destroy his race, but the power he did find turned him into the very thing he sought to destroy!

So, in the WoW Black Temple Raid, Illidan Stormage is the last boss for the 'level', in which he wields, and drops (WoW items that can drop from enemies in the world, or obtained from various quests, depend on a certain percentage to actually 'show up'), two of his famous, all-powerful Warglaives - double-bladed, eerie-like green blades that you yourself can wield... if you're lucky enough for them to show up, not to mention win!

Yesterday, I FINALLY won one of the 'Legendary' blades he carries (you can only finish a WoW Raid once per week), something I've been trying to get for SOOOO long! He also dropped the blade RIGHT at the moment the newest expansion, 'Mists of Pandaria', officially launched! Great timing huh! ^_^

Being my first Legendary weapon, I gotta give a great big thanks to Illidan for letting me know I'm worthy of such an honor for carrying one of his awesome weapons! (The Main-Hand weapon Warglaive anyway!)

Thanks Illidan! ^_^ <3

Now... to get the Off-Hand Warglaive, and I'll of completed the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment